After leaving my stressful job in advertising back in May 2010, I have been working on my own terms. I met many new friends and propelled my jewelry shops from a hobby to an initial business. I am a much happier person, and a lot more patient and relaxed. To a point, I would say I have become a little less organized and a little more forgetful! But I love every second of it.
2012 will require some major changes. Big things planned and I am not sure if I can do it all. But I will try my best.
Here is a quick list of 2011 major incidents:
- Finished 12 handmade markets!
- Met some really talented people and made a few good friends through Etsy
- Launched a brand new macrame line on Bunnies Can Dream
- Launched a brand new polymer clay Whirls collection on Bunnies Can Dream
- Got my first wholesale order for Bunnies Can Dream
- Found a stable supplier for Harlequin&Lionhead
- Launched a brand new Whirls collection on Harlequin&Lionhead
- Got my first custom order for Harlequin&Lionhead
- Triple my billing for my jewelry shops
- Purchased my first work bench ever!
- Helped Charcoal find his new love, Roxy
- Became an aunt to my baby niece, Tegan
- Finally went to Niagara Falls, thanks to my mom
- Carved my first pumpkin, thanks to Jessica
- Recovered from a bad little accident
And here is a list of 2012 targets:
- Triple my 2011 billing
- Get the Rose and Whirls collection into boutiques
- Find a fashion related full time job (that would still allow me to work on my shops!)
- Get into at least 2 major handmade markets
- Get into at least 1 major trade shows
- Squeeze in a stone setting course
- Create a collection of polymer clay Whirls art piece
- Become a mother (unwillingly :P)
- Learn to drive
- Visit a lavender farm
The higher the target, the more anxious I get. But we still have 11.5 months ahead. Maybe, just maybe, the carrot is not too big for the bunny that dreams big.