Monday, June 13, 2011

Another success at my second craft show

Last Sunday was my 2nd craft show. It was at the Astoria Market at the Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden in Queens, NY. It was my first time at the Astoria Market so I did not know what to expect. Turned out there were some really good quality artisans and I did pretty ok as well on sales! Let me take you on a quick tour of the venue last Sunday.



My table was the first at the door (totally flattered! yeah~) But there were at least 9 jewelry vendors which was unexpected. I was very worried at the beginning. The day started at noon and for the first 3 hours, there were very few patrons. But apparently the beer garden crowd shops late! They only started flooding into the hall at about 3:30pm. All my sales were done in pretty much the last hour. Imagine if the show ended at 6 or even 7pm, I think all the vendors would have done much better.

Given the negative factor of the situation, I still made pretty much the same as the last event at Jackson Heights. I was totally excited at the end of the event and of course, a celebration with some beer and friends at the beer garden downstairs was a mandatory!

So after 2 events in Queens, I think next stop has to be Brooklyn for sure! To my new friends made at the event, remember to come back to my online store for custom made orders. And my customers get discounts when they buy again ;)

My stores:
Bunnies Can Dream
Harlequin&Lionhead

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin